Archives of Our Lives

{a narrow and broad look into the lives of people I love}

Monday, January 14, 2008

The Great Debate

I am trying to post more often. Have you noticed? Last week I wrote on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I am trying for the 5-days-a-week type of blog. Make it more like a job. Make myself more dedicated to "the cause." ["The cause" is yet to be determined, since my blog still hasn't defined its real purpose in the e-niverse.] Make my life have one more meaning.

There's a problem, though. In all my natural indecision, I can't decide if this aforementioned resolve is a good one. In my life, checking peoples' blogs is a daily (and often bi/tri-daily occurrence, if I'm particularly unmotivated to do more productive things). Reading blogs comes as a real joy to me, but I don't know if I'm the only person this obsessive. Is it good to post so much, or bothersome? Do you, as a person who is currently reading this blog, feel obligated to check up on me, or is "blogging" your idea of a real good time? How much are we really alike, you and me? Shall I blog a very lot, or very little? And please don't give me some answer like, "It's up to you, Camille. Whatever makes you happy." Because it's not about me. I blog because I like writing, yes; but mostly because I like to entertain.

So I am putting it up to you all. Not fishing for compliments {ahem}, just wondering if I'd be a nuisance or not. Do keep in mind the question isn't whether or not you like my blog...I'm assuming since you read it, you like it. Nor is the question whether I should change the way I write--because I won't. I just want to know if reading this blog 5 days a week would be tedious.

In an effort to come to an educated conclusion, I'm taking a poll...look to the right-hand side of your screen. See it? So take a moment to vote--let your voices be heard. I won't get my feelings hurt if you think blogging 5 days a week is too much. Truly. No, really. I want to know. I'm not fond of being a bother, so if you have any opinion on the matter whatsoever, speak up!

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I used to post multiple times a day. I have evened out and come to a pace that I like...I post a "Main column" post every other day or every three days and sideblog posts in between.

If I want to post more frequently, I do.

I am not bothered by you posting every day at all!

January 15, 2008 at 12:07 AM  
Blogger Joel said...

So this seems like an ideal place to come out of the shadows. I found your blog somehow (I haven't been able to retrace my steps, but at any rate!), and I've been reading ever since your response the the not-so-nice anonymous comment. For some reason, your stories have grabbed me. I laughed so hard at your muffin story, among other things.

You also got me hooked on Sarah Harmer, but that's okay, too.

So I'm also from Mesa, now in Ann Arbor, Michigan. (So I find your snow shoveling stories touch close to home!) I am also LDS, married 3 1/2 years ago. I met my wife at Mesa High.

Anyway, I check your blog frequenlty, so my vote was for 4-5 new posts a week. You are quite good and very entertaining. Keep up the good work!

You can check us out at our blog if you would like.

January 15, 2008 at 5:15 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

This is my opinion: I'm going to check the blogs anyways, so it is nice to be able to read something fun and new when you go to check and not just come back disappointed that it has the same old post staring back at you. You know those blogs where the person hasn't updated in a month, but you do your ritual go down the list of links and check anyways. I like a blog that is updated frequently so that when everyone else fails to give me some entertainment for the day, then I can rely on yours. If I am busy, then I can just have 2 blogs to read in one day...what a treat.

Now if anyone is offended because they don't update daily, don't worry. I'm happy if I get mine updated weekly. But it is nice to know there are people like you who can entertain on a daily basis. Do newspapers write once a week, nope, they would go out of business.

January 15, 2008 at 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to blog stalk! I am amazed at how many people I have been able to reconnect with. I check your blog everyday, so I like when you post often. You always make me smile.

On another note, I started a blog for our little family. You are welcome to check it out: rezriding.blogspot.com
I linked to you, so let me know if that's not ok.

Mikelle

January 15, 2008 at 1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Millie,

Absolutely post more! I would even say post SEVEN days a week. I love reading your blog and staying caught up with you. (It's cheaper than calling on the phone...I know, I know. I'm a tight wad. Sorry! That's how it is!) My response, as indicated by my vote, is a most vehement YES!

January 15, 2008 at 3:05 PM  
Blogger angela hardison said...

Hi, I'm Angela. I kept seeing your comments on the blogs of people I know (Kathryn my sis-n-law, Emily my cousin, etc)... and I've recently started reading yours. The verdict? I love the way you write.

So here's an opinion from a stranger: You are hilarious and awesome, and my vote is that you keep writing 4-5 days a week! And I'll keep reading.

January 15, 2008 at 3:09 PM  
Blogger Geevz said...

Oh Camille, five new posts a week would bring happiness to my soul. New blog posts are like finding new letters in your e-mail, they are always fun! Blog everyday!

January 15, 2008 at 3:19 PM  
Blogger RPH said...

Post more, more, more! i check in on you almost everyday, and it is exciting to see new stuff! You have a special nack (is that how you spell that?) for expressing yourself too. Keep writing, i will keep checking!

January 15, 2008 at 9:58 PM  
Blogger Cristin said...

I use Google Reader and subscribe to lots of blogs, so it really doesn't matter how much you post because I'll see it anyway.

The only thing about posting 5 times a week (like I sometimes do) is that people get mad when you don't keep up with it. Then I have to remind myself that I am doing this for fun and who cares if people are expecting stuff.

I really like all your Canada stories... so as long as you keep writing, I'll be reading and enjoying them.

January 15, 2008 at 10:48 PM  
Blogger Kristi Kleisler said...

Post as often as you can because I love to read your blog!!! But I do have one bone to pick with you- my blog is not on the list of blogs that you read, and that makes me sad.

January 16, 2008 at 7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH CAMILLE!!! PLEASE WRITE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!! I am a hardcore blog-stalker and yours is my favorite to stalk!!! SO PLEASE!!!!! WRITE EVERYDAY!!!!! I NEED MY DAILY DOSE OF CAMILLE!!! YOU ARE AMAZING MRS. FAIRBANKS!!

January 19, 2008 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger lindsay said...

i second all of the above....especially Geneva....

plus, i love that you seem to tick off some random-internet-stranger who likes to insult your wonderful blog. Hillarious!!!

January 20, 2008 at 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit the entries on your blog are humorous.

January 25, 2008 at 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home