Archives of Our Lives

{a narrow and broad look into the lives of people I love}

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Goin' Home...

I know, I know. I live in Canada now. It's my home. Well, "They" say that home is where the heart is, and so in my case, I have homes all over the world. I'm quite divided as to where "home" is for me. Torn, really. I mean, my heart is here in Canada, of course, but still...so very much in Mesa.

But let's not think about sad things like leaving home. Instead, let's think about this: I'm going to Arizona soon! I knew I would not get to be there for Christmas, and I was kind of hoping Gwidon wouldn't exit his mother's womb until after I got there. Little punk that he is, he squeezed out all early on me. And now I've missed his first growth spurt, and his mother doesn't know French, and I think she has plastic bottles in her house, which--aside from causing the child to have cancer--aren't green. So I gotta get down there. I mean...I just have to.

Aside from being Preston's new (and very temporary) nanny, there's lots of other things I plan on doing when I get home to Arizona. Namely...

-Dragging Broadway and reminiscing about all the good times we used to have breaking into this abandoned warehouse.
-Eating Super Burrito carnes (if I have to explain what these are, you don't deserve to know).
-Shopping at Target. Oh, Target.
-Hanging out at 5 E. Hillside.
-Visiting my grandparents. Maybe even the Texas ones...
-Going to the Scottsdale Fashion Mall, just for kicks.
-Buying 25 cent magazines at the Mesa Public Library.
-Renewing my Arizona tags on Tamra Camry.
-Going to Costco to look at the cheap cheese. And the cheap meat.
-Going to Costco for any reason at all, really.
-Spending a great deal of my time at the neighborhood QT. I really miss it there.
-Eating fresh, ripe, free (free!) citrus from my backyard. Okay, fine, it's not my backyard anymore...but I'm pretty sure my mom and dad won't mind.
-Going to church at the Westwood Ward.
-Staying up until 3 a.m. just so I can go shopping, and remind the Canadians how useful a 24-hour Wal-Mart really is (it's one of the selling points for my "America-is-Slightly-Superior-to-the-Rest-of-the-World" campaign).
-Roller blading on the blissfully bare (read: snow-less) sidewalks.

Can you tell? I'm pretty hyped about this. I'm only packing one sweater, too. Out of spite. I figure one good thing about living in this frosty country is that when I go home to Arizona I might never--ever--need to wear a sweater.

**P.S. Preston made Jenny Biggs' blog! Check him out here...he's quite handsome, and it will be worth your while.**

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

When everyone (It seemed) in my family was dying this summer and I spent bucketloads of time in Mesa I was introduced to QT'S.

OH MY MECCA OF DRINK AMAZEMENT!!!

Seriously...The fountain drink section almost started doing choreography and singing!

January 9, 2008 at 10:31 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

WOW! Mesa IS amazing!! I can't wait till you're down here and I can tag along for 95 percent of these incredible things!

January 10, 2008 at 10:40 AM  
Blogger RPH said...

I AM SO JEALOUS! Have a great time! I miss the same things you do! Especially QT! If you see Kaitlin while you are out rollerblading, give her a high-five for me. I miss her. Have fun....

January 10, 2008 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger RPH said...

ps - drink a generic slurpee from QT and say hi to my old house for me!

January 10, 2008 at 1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Millie,

I can't wait until you're here either. It's going to be great fun! And yes, I noticed that Preston is on Jenni's blog...

January 10, 2008 at 11:08 PM  
Blogger Jami said...

camille, I would be so excited if you came by and saw us...or if you just called me and I could come and see you! Perhaps I could come and see preston with you. And mesa is great!

January 11, 2008 at 10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly hope the trip to Fashion Square involves visiting dear old ME! ~A

January 12, 2008 at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home