Archives of Our Lives

{a narrow and broad look into the lives of people I love}

Saturday, September 15, 2007

National Like-It-Link-It Day

A stanza in Snow Patrol's song "Chasing Cars" is nice. {Actually, all of the stanzas are nice, but this one in particular is relevant to my post today.}

"Those three words are said too much. They're not enough."

A lot of people these days are saying that the word "love" is overused. I agree. Yet up until this point, I have done nothing to stop the massacring of the English language. "I love you," I tell people, but at the same time I also say things like, "I love this chair. I love what you've done with the place. I love scrapbooking. I love flossing." Is that to say that I have the same feeling in my heart for, say, the man I am going to be with for eternity, as I have for dental floss? "Chasing Cars" couldn't have been more correct. Those three words aren't enough.

But this post is not about how to tell your lover that you more-than-love him or her. Rather, it's about using milder words--like, for example--to express those milder sentiments.

Welcome to national Like-It-Link-It* Day.

There's a whole lot of like in the world, and most of it is coming from my heart this week. My dear friend, Melenie, once wrote a post on her blog wherein she linked to mine three times! In one post! I felt the "like" vibe emanating from Mel that day, and ever since then, I have been wanting to write a Like-It-Link-It* post.

Things I Like Enough to Link:

-Favourite TV Drama: Grey's Anatomy.

-Favourite Real-Life Drama: Melenie's Blog (Between Mel and her husband, they have, like, 9 parents. It's quite fascinating.)

-Favourite TV Station: ABC.com. This company has worked wonders with marketing, music selections, and the overall appeal of their station. I only watch shows online, though, afther they've aired, which I can do with limited (30 second) commercials from their sponsors. I like it.

-Favourite Mouth-Watering Blog: Cupcake Frenzy {though it hasn't been updated in quite some time.}

-Most Inspiring-to-be-Crafty Blog: Heather Bailey. My favourite post of hers is the one about straws. Read it here. I wonder if Kyle could learn to take photos like that for my blog?

-Blog that somehow always makes me feel bad about myself because she and her kids are so cool: Kayleen

-Person who probably doesn't read my blog but who I wish would: Loralee

-Favourite store for gadgets: Brookstone! I just bought this clock yesterday (at half-price) and my life has improved since its purchase.

Well that was delightful. I like this new blogiday of mine. I think I will do this once a month. Maybe more, maybe less. I can't really say what day is officially Like-It-Link-It day, because I might not like as many things in any given month. We'll just have to see.




*Like-It-Link-It is a registered phrase of archives-lives.blogspot.com. I thought of it all by myself. If you want to have a Like-It-Link-It day, go for it, but you ought to link to my blog in the process--it seems only fair.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea that you even watched "Grey's Anatomy." Hmm...When did you start watching that? Why do you like it?

I completely and utterly agree with your comment that the word "love" is overused, and I am sad to say that I, too, fall victim to the overuse of this word. Thanks for the reminder that I shouldn't overuse this...I'll make a conscious effort to stop.

September 16, 2007 at 9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, thanks for the link like, Camille! I appreciate it so much!

Have I told you lately how much I like you? It's a lot, in case you were wondering. =)

September 16, 2007 at 10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting and fun concept. Where is the link on how to assemble a peace dove? ~A

September 18, 2007 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger Geevz said...

hooray! I made it onto the must reads!

September 18, 2007 at 5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Blog that somehow always makes me feel bad about myself because she and her kids are so cool: Kayleen"

think how i feel?! she's my sister! how will i ever be half as cool as her!

September 19, 2007 at 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home