Archives of Our Lives

{a narrow and broad look into the lives of people I love}

Thursday, June 12, 2008

{I've Never Been to Boston In the Fall}

I've never been to Boston in the Fall, and I think I'd like to take a birthday trip there this year.

I mean, why not? I have no job; I have no classes to attend. I have no children to fuss over. I'm turning 22 years old, I have already set a goal to see all fifty states, and I've been given a free airline ticket to anywhere within the continental United States. If I fly into Boston and drive through all of New England, I could cross six states off my list for the price of one! What a deal.

The original intent of my airline ticket gift was to come visit my family in Arizona, but I'll be down in October for a wedding and again in December for Christmas, making a total of five trips down in one year. Plus I'll see all my family in July (Utah family reunion) and my big sister is bringing That Baby up for a visit in August.

So why shouldn't I swing over to Boston in September?

My only problem is that nobody will go with me. [Actually, I don't view this as a problem so much as a minor setback. I mean, I toured Paris for a week all by myself and could not have had a better time.] I'm not afraid of traveling alone--it's just that...well...I won't be able to rent a car once I get there. Because I'm too young.

Also, I would love to meet up with some blogging friends while there, but it seems that my already-sparse readership is especially scant east of Albany, New York [and by "scant" I mean nonexistent].



Short of begging the vast internet world for a travel buddy over the age of 25 (and who wants to tour New England with a stranger? I'd rather be alone [no offense, Internet]), there's really nothing I can do about it. Poor Kyle won't come with me because he doesn't care to, and nobody else I know has the means (either financially, physically, time-wise or child-wise) to come along.

On top of all this, I really don't know how to squeeze all of New England into five or six days by car. In fact, I don't even know if it can be done. Aside from landing in Boston, I haven't a clue as to where I should start.

But now I've confessed I'm going, there's no way I can back out of it. So there it is. I'm going to Boston in the Fall.

And I can't stop singing Veggie Tales because of it:

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

Honestly, some of those Veggie Tales songs are the funniest things I've ever heard. I love 'Song of the Cebu' and the Cheeseburger song.

Have fun traveling!

June 12, 2008 at 2:33 AM  
Blogger RPH said...

you have some time...you should try and convince kyle to go. it would make for some fun memories.

June 12, 2008 at 7:37 AM  
Blogger angela hardison said...

Camille - I might be able to help you with a blog design, to some extent. Do you know what you need? Are you looking for a header and color changes? Or do you want the whole layout changed? Email me - angelahardison@gmail.com

ps. You're the funniest person ever.

June 12, 2008 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Great, now thanks to Angela, we are going to have to arm wrestle for title of "Funniest Person Ever".
(Don't worry, you would win. I'm freakishly weak.)

I say go for it and go alone. They have to have public transport in Boston. I think you'd love it.

P.S.
Did I email you my address? I can't remember, dang it.

June 12, 2008 at 12:55 PM  
Blogger angela hardison said...

p.p.s.

Boston is my favorite place in the world. Granted, I haven't been outside of the US very much... but still, I love Boston. My life's work is currently convincing Clint to let us move there someday.

June 12, 2008 at 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THIS IS THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE EVER SAW. IT'S GOING TO BE STUCK IN MY HEAD ALL DAY! AYE AYE CAP'N CRUNCH HAHA! ANON10

June 12, 2008 at 2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, your family is afraid of you meeting some nice blogging buddies in a public restaurant, but not of you going alone on a trip thousands of miles away in a completely foreign area? You could be killed by a crazy person, kidnapped, have an accident, any number of things. Kyle, are you crazy, don't let you wife go alone.

June 12, 2008 at 3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a question? Does Kyle have a job??

June 12, 2008 at 5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes

June 12, 2008 at 5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear planet
please show us how to leave well enough alone

June 12, 2008 at 5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up with the previous comment?

June 12, 2008 at 9:31 PM  
Blogger Holly Janeen said...

YES YES YES. boston is the best place on earth. but prepare yourself... you wont want to go home.

June 13, 2008 at 12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

previous comment is up with

, i see latent hostility.

does kyle have a job?

and the typical,
funniest thing i've ever saw.

two comments of many backhanded.

the total caps makes no sense, 10.

June 13, 2008 at 9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will never understand the anonymous person who writes so unusually. I am always scratching my head trying to figure out what in the heck they mean.

June 15, 2008 at 9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's because you're none too bright.
Stop scratching, the nurse will tie your hands to the bed again.

September 14, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home